“All right,” said the Gnat: “half way up that bush, you’ll see a Rocking-horse-fly, if you look. It’s made entirely of wood, and gets about by swinging itself from branch to branch.”
“What does it live on?” Alice asked, with great curiosity.
“Sap and sawdust,” said the Gnat.
. . . .
“Crawling at your feet,” said the Gnat (Alice drew her feet back in some alarm), “you may observe a Bread-and-Butterfly. Its wings are thin slices of Bread-and-butter, its body is a crust, and its head is a lump of sugar.”
“And what does it live on?”
“Weak tea with cream in it.”
— Lewis Carroll, “Through the Looking Glass”
Eyewirers, we have gone far too long without a puntastical competition. Assemble yourselves for this week’s throwdown!
Art by Tyler Scagliarini
- Like a pegasus, but its voice might be a little more tired
- 2 to 1 odds in the Kentucky Derby
- Not known for positive opinions; it’s a bit of a neighsayer
- Responsible for those yellow streaks in rainbows
- True organic, free range butter must be hunted with a silver knife by the light of the full moon
- An unfortunately oily personality
What more do you want? Oh, possibly…
The usual bonuses
Earn 5,000 points – 2,500 bonus
Earn 15,000 points – 5,000 bonus
Earn 25,000 points – 10,000 bonus
For every 25,000 points above 25,000 – 5,000 bonus
Member of winning team (if you’ve scored at least 2,500 points) – 10,000 bonus
Highest scorer on each team – 5,000 bonus
Player with #1 overall score – 10,000 bonus
Player with #2 overall score – 5,000 bonus
Player with #3 overall score – 2,500 bonus
The competition starts at 11:00 AM EDT on 5/5 and runs for 24 hours. See you there!