As of August, newly promoted Mystics and Scythes will receive automatic invites to start citizen scientist accounts on Seung Lab’s new neural reconstruction platform FlyWire. Here you can help our Princeton team make the final push on an effort to completely map the first-ever fly brain, and you can help alpha test methods of gamifying this new citizen science experience! This is a great way to try out the tools which will inform our long-promised second game Pyr.
Scout, Scythe, and Mentor Qualifications:
- Have at least earned 50,000 points and completed 500 cubes
- Maintain at least 90% accuracy overall, with some flexibility if you’re really close
- Participation in the Eyewire community thru chat, forums, email, etc.
- Scythe Complete an average of 200 cubes per month
- Maintain at least 95% reaping accuracy
- Because Mystics own their own cells, routine Eyewire participation also affects HQ’s decision
- Active in chat/the Eyewire community
- Respectful of others
- Knowledgeable about Eyewire basics
- At least 16
If you would like to be considered for promotion at the end of this month, please apply no later than Tuesday, 11/22 at 12 PM EST.
Promos will be granted on Wednesday, 11/23 at 3 PM EST, early due to Thanksgiving. A few hours beforehand, you’ll receive an e-mail with training materials; and after promotion, some roles will receive notifications with further tips. New Mystics will be encouraged to proceed directly to FlyWire as research effort is focused there rather than on zebrafish, but new Scouts and Scythes can contact @sorek.m for a hands-on demo of their Eyewire roles if desired. For science!
Artwork by Daniela Gamba