In addition to their increased powers on Eyewire, newly promoted Mystics and Scythes will soon receive invites to start citizen scientist accounts on one of Seung Lab’s new neural reconstruction projects, using the same platform that powers FlyWire. Here you can help our Princeton team on the latest data set, and you can help alpha test methods of gamifying this new citizen science experience, including tools and mechanics that belong to our long-promised second game Pyr.
Scout, Scythe, and Mentor Qualifications:
- Have at least earned 50,000 points and completed 500 cubes
- Maintain at least 90% accuracy overall, with some flexibility if you’re really close
- Participation in the Eyewire community thru chat, forums, email, etc.
- Scythe Complete an average of 200 cubes per month
- Maintain at least 95% reaping accuracy
- Because Mystics own their own cells, routine Eyewire participation also affects HQ’s decision
- Active in chat/the Eyewire community
- Respectful of others
- Knowledgeable about Eyewire basics
- At least 16
If you would like to be considered for promotion at the end of this month, please apply no later than Thursday, 2/22 at 12 PM EST.
Promos will be granted on Friday, 2/23 after 4 PM EST, following Happy Hour and the closing ceremony to our latest challenge week. A few hours beforehand, you’ll receive an e-mail with training materials; and after promotion, some roles will receive notifications with further tips. New Mystics are welcome to try their hand at Eyewire’s zebrafish data set while waiting for further contact from HQ; and new Scouts and Scythes can reach out to @sorek.m for a hands-on demo of their Eyewire roles if desired. For science!
Artwork by Daniela Gamba