Happy Friday! To give you a comprehensive picture of everything new on Eyewire, here are all changes since the last report a few weeks ago.
- New notification type: cell completion! At last, you can find out how you did on a particular cell, whenever it finishes. Cell completion notifs are currently only sent for e2198 cells, not for zebrafish.
- New notification type: your accumulated retro trailblaze points for the day are now calculated and notified at midnight HQ time.
- New notification type: accuracy-triggered notifications! New players can now find out more about their accuracy in the course of gameplay, and what that accuracy means for future advancement.
- New notification type: newly promoted players now receive an automated sequence of notifications about their role and advanced gameplay tips!
- Scythe Complete accuracy was added to the cell completion notification. To make this calculation as correct as possible, we are in the process of releasing several other optimizations for Scythe Complete. This accidentally included last Friday’s deployment for Scythe reaps undoing SC votes. We apologize for the error in timing, and we ask that folks stay tuned for information about further SC-related deployments so that the change to Scythe reaps works as painlessly as we had originally hoped.
- Along those lines: we have updated SC voting so that cubes are now locked from play at 1 vote. This way, if a cube is correct when you say it is, it can’t become incorrect when you step away, and the Scouts’ Log should also become easier to go through.
Please note that you will have the smoothest Eyewire experience if you use the most recent 64-bit version of Firefox or Chrome, a recent operating system like macOS Mojave/Windows 10/Ubuntu 16, and a machine with at least 8 GB of RAM.
We’ll catch you again soon. For science!