Cloud Battle: Cirrus vs. Cumulus
Puffy cotton clouds, or delicate wisps? With an epic rivalry matched only by a pillow fight, the Cloud Battle is nigh! Meet your contenders below.
- thin, wispy clouds that form high in the sky
- latin for “ringlet” or “curling lock of hair.” Also commonly called “mare’s tails”
- Help create interesting atmospheric phenomena such as “sun dogs” (bright spots that look like “mini suns” that appear to either side of the real sun) and halos (circles of light that form around the sun thanks to an interaction with ice crystals trapped in the clouds)
- Low-lying fluffy, cottony clouds
- Latin for “heap” or “pile”
- Cumulus clouds may be composed of ice crystals, water droplets, and/or supercooled water droplets
- Sometimes they look like cats and dinosaurs! Cats riding dinosaurs! Dinosaurs walking cats! The possibilities are endless!
Now that you’re well informed on our latest contestants, pick your favorite cloud formation and let the battle begin!
The Cloud Battle breezes in on Thursday April 21 @11 AM ET
The usual bonuses
Earn 5,000 points – 2,500 bonus
Earn 15,000 points – 5,000 bonus
Earn 25,000 points – 10,000 bonus
For every 25,000 points above 25,000 – 5,000 bonus
Member of winning team (if you’ve scored at least 2,500 points) – 10,000 bonus
Highest scorer on each team – 5,000 bonus
Player with #1 overall score – 10,000 bonus
Player with #2 overall score – 5,000 bonus
Player with #3 overall score – 2,500 bonus
Leave a Reply