Summer vs Winter: Battle of the Seasons
It’s getting cold outside, and it’s time for a great seasonal battle. Are you loving this chilly weather, or are you thinking of a cool drink on the beach to get you through the season? Make your choice and let the battle begin!
Summer is the hottest of the 4 temperate seasons. At the height of summer is the summer solstice, where the days are longest and the nights are shortest for the year. Depending on where you live, your summer may boast a plethora of temperate sunny days, a bit of rain, or enough high energy rays to cook your breakfast on the sidewalk.
- Long days
- 1 layer of clothing
- BBQ and other outdoor activities
- Enjoying the ocean and other bodies of water
- Looking super boss in a pair of summer shades
- Sticking to anything made of leather (or pleather for vegans!)
- Makes cooking a meal feel like entering the 7th circle of Hades
Winter is the coldest season of the year. In the dead of winter you’ll find the winter solstice, which is when the days are shortest and the nights are longest for the year. Winter might just bring you a light jacket in some places, while it drenches others with ice, snow, and sub-zero temperatures.
- Snuggling under all the blankets
- Hot Cocoa and other warm beverages
- Building snow Frankenmonsters and potentially animating them with the assistance of a tophat
- Ice skating
- Snow melt eating away at all of your shoes
- Getting a tiny bit of snow up your sleeve and not being able to get it out again
- The death of all transportation
- Where’s the light???
So now that you’ve considered the merits and disadvantages of both seasons, it’s time to choose! Pick your favorite and let’s go!
The seasonal battle begins at 11 AM ET on 12/28.
The usual bonuses
Earn 5,000 points – 2,500 bonus
Earn 15,000 points – 5,000 bonus
Earn 25,000 points – 10,000 bonus
For every 25,000 points above 25,000 – 5,000 bonus
Member of winning team (if you’ve scored at least 2,500 points) – 10,000 bonus
Highest scorer on each team – 5,000 bonus
Player with #1 overall score – 10,000 bonus
Player with #2 overall score – 5,000 bonus
Player with #3 overall score – 2,500 bonus
Artwork by MJ Kim