Snow falls from the heavens, snow falls from the skies!
It’s winter at last, and the wonderful prize
Is a feast full of loved ones and laughter and toys.
With a long year like this, we could all use some joy!
Have you liked Hallow-Xmas? That’s good, for there’s more!
Here comes your last chance for a world record score.
We’re into week eight: may your candles burn bright,
With a bonus for all, and to all a good night!
… And if you’ve been seeking a word with dear Grim,
Do join the awards: they’re presented by him!
Begins at 11:00 AM on Friday 12/11
Ends at 11:00 AM on Thursday 12/17
Awarded at 4:00 PM on Friday 12/18
(All times EST. This also lands squarely during Hanukkah, so: happy Hanukkah!!!)
Having finished our break for Trivia, the bracket will conclude with 2 teams facing off over the course of 7 calendar days. If your team did not make the Final, you can join a new team; if your team did advance, you stay on the same team. You can join at any time before the last 24 hours of the Final, but remember that your points will only count starting from the time that you join. You must also play at least 50 cubes to earn bonus points. The top team officially wins the Hallow-Xmas event!
Bonuses (50 cube minimum required):
- The Starting Lineup will consist of the 8 best players on each team.
- The Starting Lineup on each team will earn a bonus equal to 200% of their base score.
- All other players on each team will earn a bonus equal to 50% of their base score.
- All members of the winning team who played at least 100 cubes will earn 100,000 points!!!
- The MVP on each team will earn an additional 50,000 points.
Swag: A special personalized prize will be awarded to everyone on the winning team, as well as for the MVP of the other team! (All swag for this competition is still sponsored by @susi, for whose memory we are eternally grateful.)
Artwork by Amy Sterling