Addons: Player Scripts in Eyewire
A few wonderful Eyewire players have created scripts that add features and improve Eyewire. These scripts are so great that we’ve built a feature to make it easier to add them to your game, as well as a new set of menu options that will enable several of the best scripts by default.
These Eyewire-hosted addons are toggled ON by default:
Scripts by @crazyman4865:
- DLC (Downloadable Content)
- tabbed chat + several chat features
- extra Scythe commands
- color picker
Scripts by @KrzysztofKruk:
- Profile History
- Statistics + Top 100
- Scout+ tools
- Scythe Complete History
- Custom Highlight
These features can be toggled ON/OFF in Settings menu (Settings –> More –> scroll to bottom). Scroll down to Script Details for descriptions of each of these new features.
Please note that for now there are a few features that display for all players even though they only for those ranked Scout and above. They are: SC History, Custom Highlight, Enlarge d. trace/seed and parent/child buttons, and Show Cell Color Picker.
If you are currently running scripts via Tampermonkey, disable them in Tampermonkey. Ping support if you have any issues.
Scripts that are built into “Settings” by default are hosted by Eyewire. You may also install working scripts by using hotlinks provided by player developers. Simply click the link a popup will open in Eyewire prompting you to select ADD TO EYEWIRE. You should only run scripts from players you know or that are trusted by the community. To reach the developers of these scripts, use the Forum.
If you are a developer who wants to work on Eyewire, check out this page for info on our APIs and feel free to play around with the source code and the network panel. We are working to update this page with documentation for all of our API calls. If you’re currently working on scripts to enhance Eyewire and would like your name added to our Trusted Developer List, tell us about it in chat or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trusted Developers List
- View a graph of your personal stats over a given period of time
- current, previous
- best ever over past week, 10 weeks, and year
- Use it to track Points, Cubes, Trailblazes, Scythes, and Completes
- View statistics on points earned, cubes traced, Scouted & Scythed cubes, Completes, and Eyewire players participating overall
- View statistics for the day/week/month/custom period of time
- Explore an interactive map of players from around the globe
- All time Top 100 Leaderboard
- Character count
- Toggle on/off points messages
- Adds additional chat commands that give information on your current cell
- Clickable buttons to enter chat commands for private messages and player class group channels
- Splits the chat channels so that you only see messages from one channel at a time
More DLC Options:
- Ability to show spawning border in 2D of cube
- Ability to disable the leaderboard after every cube submission
Scout and above DLC Options:
- Custom colors for your Scythe heatmap
- “Sticky” toolbox that doesn’t reorient to default after a page refresh
- Open player profiles from the toolbox
- Shows additional data on cubes, TBs, scythes, completes in the bottom left of your menu
- Adds ability to jump to a cell ID to the bottom menu
Utilities in Settings Menu
- Autorefresh ShowMeMe (Scout and Up)
- Submit using spacebar
- Ability to toggle on/off items in the top menu
Scout and Scythe Features:
Scythe Complete History
Right click your username to reveal…
- A list of cells you have Scythe Completed at least 1 cube on in the last 30 days
- How many cubes you’ve SC’d on each cell listed
- Option to sort by e2198 and zfish datasets
- Option to sort by last day, week, or month
- How many cubes you can still SC on each cell listed
- Allows you to mark cubes with a color of your choice
- Custom Highlight overrides all other colors on a cube except the standard (green) highlight
Permanently Installed “Official” Extensions
@eldendaf’s Scouts Log will be on by default for all Scouts, Scythes and Mystics. You will be able to toggle it off but not remove from Eyewire.
@jouster’s Mystic Mod has been integrated into Eyewire and makes it easier for Mystics to use Y and Z planes
Approved but not on by default:
- View stats for your last 60 cubes including points earned, accuracy, cube weight, and time submitted
- Allows you to jump to previously submitted cubes, with the option to open the cube in a new tab
- Shows you which of your last 60 cubes you most recently updated
- **Please note that there is an official HQ version of this feature called the “Activity Tracker” which was build based on this script. You may toggle between each version in the settings menu
Please note that player scripts are not official Eyewire scripts and may not always have full functionality on every browser that Eyewire supports (though so far they’ve worked pretty great!). If you have questions/concerns/bug reports for anything within these scripts please address those to the player who created the script. You can also toggle various elements within each script in the settings menu.
Thanks for playing and thanks to the amazing player developers who have crafted these scripts to improve the Eyewire experience. For science!