Eyewire supports #ShutDownSTEM
#ShutDownSTEM is a day of action on June 10th to call for racial justice in the sciences. #ShutDownSTEM asks those in STEM fields to stop “business as usual” for one day in recognition of the anti-Black racism in STEM. Today is a time for Black STEM professionals to prioritize their needs, and for white people to educate themselves and take action against racism in STEM.
In solidarity with this day of action Eyewire GMs have not been active on Eyewire today and will not be active for the rest of the day. This blog post will also serve as a resource guide for those Eyewirers looking to do their part to fight racism in STEM.
- shutdownstem.com – detailed website on #ShutDownSTEM with large, comprehensive resource guide
- shutdownstem.com/action – Learn how to take action here
- VanguardSTEM – organization to amplify voices of women and non-binary people in STEM
- #BlackintheIvory – twitter hashtag for Black people to share their experiences of racism in STEM/academia
- #ShutDownSTEM and #ShutDownAcademia – additional hashtags to follow on social media
- Shareable PDF – Document on #ShutDownSTEM you can share with friends and colleagues
It’s time to take a stand now against racism in STEM!