We get a variety of bug reports from time to time at Eyewire. When it comes to bugs more information is always better. This guide will help you give the most informative bug report you can, so that we have the best chance to triage your bug in a timely manner.
Tip 1: Let us know your operating system
This information will help us learn if your bug is specific to a compatibility issue with your current OS.
To find out which version of Windows your PC is running, press Windows logo key + R, type winver, then select OK.
From the Apple menu in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, choose About This Mac.
Mac OS 10.13.4
Mac OS 10.11
Tip 2: Tell us which browser you use
Some bugs may be specific to certain browsers. Knowing which version of the browser you have can help as well.
Eyewire has official support for Chrome and Firefox. You may try other browsers, but we may not be able to triage your bug if you are not using a supported browser.
In most browsers you can find your browser version by clicking the hamburger menu in the top right corner of your screen > help > about (browser name)
Finding your Browser:
Examples of browsers (including version):
Firefox 56.0 (64-bit)
Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (64-bit)
Tip 3: Send Screenshots of the Console Log
Sending along a screenshot of your console log is one of the most helpful things you can do when you’re experiencing a bug.
Please follow this procedure in order to send us a helpful console log image:
- Open Eyewire
- Do the action that causes the bug you are concerned about
- Open the console log
- On Windows: CRTL+SHIFT+J
- On Mac: CMD+OPTION+J
- Take a screenshot of the Console Log
- On Windows: Open the snipping tool
- On Mac: SHIFT+CMD+4
If the bug only happens occasionally, rather than every time you do an action, you’ll have to wait until it occurs to take a helpful screenshot.
Tip 4: Send a detailed report
Giving us as much precise information as you can about your bug will help us diagnose the issue. When you send a bug report, try to do the following whenever possible:
- Give us a detailed description of the bug
- Bad: “The site is not working”
- Good: “Every time I try to load the overview on “Artifact 123″ Eyewire crashes”
- Tell us how often this bug occurs – is it every time you do a behavior? Every 10 times? Once an hour?
- Send along any relevant cube or cell IDs
- You can type /debug into chat to get the cell’s ID
- If you’re aware of it, let us know if this is a bug that other players are also experiencing or if it is isolated to you
- Attach the console log image and mention your OS and browser (as stated above)
You can send your bug report via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are discussing your bug with an admin in chat, you can use imgur.com to upload any relevant screenshots.
Thanks folks! Let’s get those bad bugs!