Did you enjoy your experience in Grim’s attic? Hopefully so. But as you come back down to the floor below, you smell something a bit strange, even noxious. It’s wafting your way from one of the bedrooms, in fact (so it seems) from the master bedroom. What’s afoot in Grim’s sleeping quarters?
Past the carved ebony doors, you venture in and take a peek. It’s not a pretty sight. Although Grim’s exquisite taste in gothic, gloomy furniture has extended here, you’re hard-pressed to appreciate it just now. The whole room is covered by a tangled, tumorous mass of cell branches! As you stare, you realize that some of them seem to connect to a legitimate cell… but the rest are mergers! Gross, gross, hideous mergers. Before your housesitting mission is complete, you would surely endear yourself to Grim by cleaning up this mess so he can sleep comfortably later.
There are 12 mergers in the Hunt cell. You have 5.5 days and 24 guesses to locate them all, between 12:01 AM EDT on 10/21 and 12:00 PM EDT on 10/26.
How to identify and report mergers
- Select Hunt cell from Change Cell menu. Stay in the overview.
- Type /debug into chat. This will reveal a special box with information about the cell (located above the “Start Playing” box).
- Use ALT+click to select the origin point of the merger you have identified. It is a good idea to zoom in close on the merger before you select it to get the most accurate coordinates.
- Find the coordinates of the merger’s origin in the cell information box. These are next to the word “center.”
- In the chat pm thehunt bot your coordinates. For example: /pm thehunt 5123 4321 5678.
- thehunt bot will let you know if you got it right or wrong and tell you how many guesses you have left.
- To check how many mergers you have found and to check what guesses you have submitted, type “/pm thehunt !list”; the bot will give you a list of all the coordinates you have guessed, and whether or not there was a merger at each set of coordinates. A + means there was a merger there, a — means there was not a merger there.
- If you accidentally submit the same coordinate a second time, it does not count as two guesses.
Do not reveal your coordinates to other players. Do not do anything against the spirit of the Hunt. Anyone caught cheating will be automatically disqualified from the event and will not receive any points.
Proximity to merger start point is determined by number of voxels (1 voxel = approx. 1/250th of a cube’s width). Mergers are only counted as found if guessed within a distance of 100 voxels; please note this is a smaller distance than on previous Hunts.
Swag: 1 mug will be raffled among the top 5 players!
- 1000 points for each merger found
- An additional 7500 points for anyone who locates all 12 mergers
- 200 point bonus available on each merger to the player whose guess is closest
- 250 point bonus available to any player who guesses within 10 voxels of a merger
It is unlikely, but in the event you find a merger HQ did not plant on the cell, please let us know. If we verify it, then we will award you 1000 points. If it is a merger on top of an intentionally added merger, then that will not count.
Pieces of dust floating in space don’t count as mergers, so don’t report them!
This is not a merger!
Artwork by Daniela Gamba