It’s a throwback to our Great Spring Creature Feature of 2015, now timed specially for spooky season! We cannot scientifically claim that such entities exist, but… well, if they did, they’d look pretty cool. Which of these mid-Atlantic cryptids is more your style?
- “Native” to the Pine Barrens region of New Jersey, this critter is supposed to have a goat’s horned head, a bat’s wings, cloven hooves, a forked tail, and short, clawed arms.
- Sightings have been alleged since the 1800s, although of course none have been proven.
- One notorious hoax involved a museum publicist attaching claws and faux leather wings onto a kangaroo.
- “Native” to Point Pleasant, West Virginia, this critter may be the sandhill crane, as descriptions focus on “red eyes” and its huge wingspan.
- This is a much more recent folk legend than some; the first such claim from the region was only in 1966.
- Anyone remember that Richard Gere movie? Anyone?
The usual bonuses
Earn 5,000 points – 2,500 bonus
Earn 15,000 points – 5,000 bonus
Earn 25,000 points – 10,000 bonus
For every 25,000 points above 25,000 – 5,000 bonus
Member of winning team (if you’ve scored at least 2,500 points) – 10,000 bonus
Highest scorer on each team – 5,000 bonus
Player with #1 overall score – 10,000 bonus
Player with #2 overall score – 5,000 bonus
Player with #3 overall score – 2,500 bonus
The competition starts at 11 AM EDT on 10/19 and goes for 24 hours! Woohoo!
Artwork by Zoe Gillette